How to create a Discord Bot
(REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE CLIENT_ID!!!)
Creating a discord bot is actually quite simple and fun :)
- Create a folder where you will put all your files
- Go to link (1) and create an Bot
- Set the “Redirect URL” to “http://discordapp.com” -> or whatever URL you want to redirect to. BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE A LEAST ONE URL.
- Click the Create Bot User
- Copy Bot id and Token (click “click to reveal”)
- Open up CMD or Terminal and navigate to the folder (from step 2)
- Install a node package
npm install discord.io
- Go to link (2) to download a sample program. Name the JS file whatever you want.
- Go to link (4) and replace that really long number after “client_id=” to your Bot id
- Make sure you have rights to “manage server” on Discord
- When you want to run your server
- replace [filename] with what you named the JS file to be.
- Now add whatever features you want to add
Note that in order for your Bot to be “online” you have to run “node [filename].js” and keep it running. So you might have to buy a server to run it 24/7….
Hope this is quick and easy to understand!